CFDM-Nevada offers a two-year certificate program in Christian Formation and Spiritual Direction, involving 6 intensives of 3 days, monthly retreat days, monthly spiritual direction, supervision for individual direction, group spiritual direction, and relation to a network of spiritual directors for peer supervision and support.
The goal of the Certificate Program in Christian Formation and Spiritual Direction is to help the student
- Mature into deeper intimacy and friendship with the Triune God.
- Develop a theology of Christian spirituality by drawing on and integrating insights from Scripture, theology, historical traditions, psychology and related fields.
- Discover the richness of one’s own spiritual tradition, as well as the gifts and blessings of other traditions.
- Learn about, and engage in, spiritual habits and practices that facilitate spiritual growth.
- Grow in balancing prayer, study and service and in developing practical wisdom based on Scripture, tradition, reason, and experience.
- Gain skills in providing individual and group spiritual direction from a Protestant Christian perspective.
- Participate in a creative partnership among Christian spiritual directors in one’s region.
Tuition for the two-year program ranges from $3,500-$4,500 depending on region, location, and facilities. Tuition includes instruction, administrative costs, reprints and other materials, lunch and some evening meals. Not included are costs for books, transportation, overnight accommodations and some evening meals and fees, if any, for individual spiritual direction and retreat days.
Admission is open to individuals [lay or clergy] who have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and have training or demonstrable knowledge of Scripture and theology. Life experience is highly valued as is awareness of a potential call to be a spiritual director. Admission to the program is granted by the Admissions Committee, composed of Faculty and Staff of the Certificate Program, when the following steps have been completed:
- A completed application form and application fee.
- A statement detailing educational background, work experience, Christian journey, involvement in church and Christian service, and interest in the program.
- Two letters of reference [one pastoral and one personal].
- An interview with one of the Program Faculty/Staff .
Drs. Catherine and Douglas H. Gregg, and other partners in Nevada .
For further information and application materials, please contact Douglas Gregg, President & Administrative Director for CFDM-Nevada, at firstname.lastname@example.org.